The purpose of this experiment is to imagine sending energy rapidly to a succession of people you do know in order to achieve a sudden connection with those around you.
You do not need to be a psychic healer or faith healer to do this experiment.
Whether you’re using Reiki, or some other healing method, to “transmit energy” to another person, the key is being able to step back out of the way to allow the energy to flow through you. Beginning healers tend to mentally repeat phrases or consciously direct the energy during the process. This isn’t necessary.
The healer is always a conduit for energy that comes from “outside” himself or herself. The energy “knows” what to do. Talking, thinking, managing, and directing simply get in the way. This fact will help you in the experiment below where you probably will not have time to visualize each person to whom the energy is sent, much less think about what (if anything) might need to be done for each of them.
Since this exercise is done in a car at night, it includes NO self-hypnosis, relaxation or other mind-calming techniques that might impair one’s safety and driving ability!
I do this while driving, but you can also do it as a passenger as long as the driver remains quiet. In fact, it’s better to do it as a passenger this first time or so until you’re used to what happens.
This experiment is actually very easy even thought it takes a little bit of time to describe.
This exercise is done while driving (or riding) in a car at night so that everyone you meet on the road will be identified as a pair of headlights or tail lights. Using the lights as “signatures” for one or more people is not only wonderfully symbolic, but removes the awkwardness of recognizing people or being distracted or influenced (pro or con) by the people’s clothes, behavior, etc. inside the car.
It will be difficult to do this exercise in heavy traffic, since you will be imagining sending energy to each car. On the other hand, pick a neighborhood or route where you’ll see a steady stream of cars. Every car you see is part of the experiment, including cars on side streets, backing out of driveways, moving through adjacent parking lots.
Do this experiment as a passenger before attempting it as a driver. You will have better concentration and the operation of the car won’t be impacted by your reaction to the feedback you get.
- Pick a suitable route to a purposeful or random destination with enough cars on it to keep your mind occupied.
- Before you leave, affirm that when you think the words “I send energy to that car” or simply “energy to them” or “energy to those cars” that healing energy will flow through you to the occupant(s) of the car(s) to help them with any ailment they may have, or to simply make them feel better. You can also affirm that you can send the energy without thinking the actual words but by glancing briefly at one set of headlights/tail lights or another and simply intending to send the energy.
- If you like, you may say a prayer before you leave and/or ask the “Universe” or the “Cosmic” to use you as a clear channel through which healing energies will flow to others. Affirm that you will do this in complete safety and that the energy will not help anyone who does not, at a deep level of mind, consent to receive it.
- Try to do this for 10-15 minutes without any distractions, other than normal driving needs. Try to send energy to every car you see out the windows or in your mirrors. Try not to miss any cars, but don’t worry if you can’t keep up should you get into a deluge of traffic.
- When you can, send energy to each car separately. However, when you notice multiple cars at the same time, you can think (or intend) “energy to those three cars” or “energy to them” or simply “them…them…them” as the cars go by.
- If you start receiving “feedback” from any of the cars you see, acknowledge this with a silent “yes” or “I hear you.” Remember that the energy knows what to do, so you need not alter what you are doing. If the feedback is overly emotional in content (see Prospective Results of the Experiment below) and becomes overpowering, discontinue the experiment and allow yourself a moment to relax.
- When you reach your destination, or return home after following a circular route of some kind, say a prayer of thanks and/or take a deep breath and relax for a moment knowing the energy has reached others.
Prospective Results of the Experiment
In a sense, this is “speed healing,” energy sent so fast that you don’t have time to get in its way, think about it, or turn your attention to thoughts of other things. As “speed writing” unlocks a person’s subconscious mind and shows you things about yourself that you may not have said had you slowly written a short essay or descriptive passage, this “speed healing” can start “feeding back” unexpected information about the individuals in the cars. (By “speed healing,” I mean that you are sending helpful energy, not necessarily “curing” the occupants of the cars of anything and everything.)
While focusing on a car, you may suddenly feel a burst of happiness, joy, anger, despair. You may know an individual in the car is suffering from one specific physical/mental ailment or another. You may learn of problems, goals, and challenges or even where the people are going. You will not learn anything that the individual, at a deep level of mind, does not want you to know, nor will the energy impact anyone who (subconsciously) does not give permission for your work.
If you do this experiment all the time—turning it into an exercise—then the feedback may begin coming back to you with the first car. The first time or so, you may not get a two-way energy flow happening until you’ve used up almost all the time you’ve decided to spend doing this. You may get random information or you may experience tiredness or satisfaction at the end of the experiment rather than bits and pieces of information/emotion along the way.
The primary goal here is achieving a sense of connection with others, with a large group of people whom you do not know and may never meet. This connection is difficult to describe here and isn’t the same for everyone. You are, through this “speed healing,” (a) acknowledging a common humanity, (b) helping others by serving as a channel for the energy, and (c) validating the joys and sorrows of others by “hearing” them at a deep level of mind.
Kabbalists often say that the best way to heal oneself is by healing others. Whether you are “speed healing” multiple people through this experiment or purposefully directing energy to a specific person, you—as the healer—always receive benefits from the energy flowing through you. This tends to be the case with most healing “methods” of the kind that direct energy from “outside” oneself (rather than attempting to use one’s own energy), including Reiki, the visualization of Hebrew letters or groups of letters in Kabbalah, or the use of the Rosicrucian absent healing technique.
And, as it turns out, all of this happens even if you’re not sure it’s quite possible for you to “do” any of it.
“I saw myself as a hollow bone that is all shiny on the inside and empty,” said Fools Crow. “I looked around inside me to see if any obstacles or junk were left, and there were none. I knew then that I was ready to serve Wakan-Tanka well, and I held up my hands to offer my thanksgiving and to tell him how happy I was. Immediately, I could feel the power come into me.” from “Fools Crow Wisdom and Power,” by Thomas E. Mails (Tulsa, OK, Council Oaks Books, 1991)