“For people feeling overwhelmed by life’s frantic pace, a contemplative and imaginative space changes everything. Join our community, and let’s practice staying awake together.” – Ruminate Magazine
- What: Two previously unpublished poems per entry; 40 lines each or less
- Entry Fee: $20. Includes copy of the magazine
- Deadline: May 15th; winners notified in August
- Prizes: $1,500 + publication for first place, $200 + publication for second place
- Submission Page: https://www.ruminatemagazine.com/pages/poetry-prize; full guidelines page (more info than the submission page)
- Finalist Judge: Shane McCrae
- More: Scroll down from the submission page for a link to a free excerpt of the winning poems from a past year. This will give you an idea of what the magazine is looking for if you’re not a subscriber.